This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

fnr search question

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Hello there,

I'm performing a fairly large search and delete operation on an xml file and so far so good. fnr is a wonderful tool as I'm able to search and delete multiple lines of xml code very easily.

I'm wondering how I can incorporate a wild card in my search.

Here's a simplified example of what I'm searching for to delete:
                      ListProperty type=PropSet
                      PropertySet name=Tag
                      Property name=AudioType type=UInt32>8</Property
                      Property name=OnEnterSymbol                                     type=WwiseID>sine_wave<Property
I'm having no problems searching for and deleting these exact lines, but there are hundreds of other instances of these lines with different names for the wwiseID property (this is the string of characters that appear between the >< in the final line).

So another instance would look like this:
                      PropertySet name=Tag
                      Property name=OnEnterSymbol                                     type=WwiseID>low_pass_filter<Property
Or this:
                      PropertySet name=Tag
                      Property name=OnEnterSymbol                                     type=WwiseID>noise_gate<Property
So I'm wondering how to search for all of these instances and use a wildcard for the wwiseID property. I tried the following with no success (with regular expressions enabled):
                      PropertySet name=Tag
                      Property name=OnEnterSymbol                                             type=WwiseID>*<Property

PropertySet name=Tag
                      Property name=OnEnterSymbol                                             type=WwiseID>/*<Property
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Oct 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Hi,

Please try using for Find Text:
                      PropertySet name=Tag
                      Property name=OnEnterSymbol                                    
type=WwiseID>.*?<Propertyty
Let me know if there is still an issue.

Eric